Make Dads Glad – Father’s Day Competition
Every Father's Day, Dads have had to battle the old socks and jocks syndrome. Let's face it, while socks and jocks may have very practical applications, Dads would much prefer Father's Day presents with a bit more zest and excitement.
To help you make your Dad a Glad Dad, we're running a competition with two gift vouchers to our popular DSLR workshops to be won. The winning Dads will get to choose to attend either the "Getting Started in DSLR Photography" workshop on September 15 (perfect for Dads just getting into their DSLRs) or the "Natural Light, Natural Portraiture" workshop on September 23 (for Dads who are a bit more advanced in their DSLR photography).
How to enter
Entering is simple. Just complete the form below and write a paragraph saying why you want to make your Dad glad with a voucher to one of these workshops. Take a photo of your Dad posing with his camera and upload it with the form (make sure you get his permission first - we want glad Dads, not mad Dads). The winning entries will be judged on the creativity of both the photograph and the written paragraph. Oh, and make sure you read the fine print below before you click the "Send" button. Too easy!
Entries close midnight 26 August.
The fine print
1. This contest is open only to people whose Dads reside in Western Australia and can make their own way to the workshop in Fremantle (the prize does not include any travel or transport fares).
2. You are only allowed one Dad per entry. If you have more than one Dad, then feel free to put a separate entry for each Dad.
3. The judge's decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into once winners have been announced.
4. Copyright and intellectual property of the photograph submitted belong to the photographer. Venture Photography reserves the right to use the photograph in promoting this competition and its results across any media.
5. The voucher prize can only be redeemed against the nominated workshop: "Getting Started in DSLR Photography" on September 15 or "Natural Light, Natural Portraiture" on September 23. The voucher prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor can they be transferred to other workshops. In the event that the nominated workshop is postponed, the booking will be transferred to the new workshop date. If the workshop is cancelled, the voucher prize is rendered invalid. There is no refund available on a voucher won in this competition. The voucher prize cannot be transferred between persons.
6. In submitting your entry, you confirm that you are the author of the works (photograph and text) and that you have permission of any persons in the work to grant the usage rights required by Venture Photography as outlined in item #4 above. You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party and fully indemnify Venture Photography and its representatives in respect to all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
7. You promise not to give your Dad any socks or jocks this Father's Day.