Instructors: Tristan Jud and Seng Mah
Duration: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Date: August 18 (Sunday)
Cost: $330 inc GST (includes a light lunch and shooting with a model)
Maximum participants: 12
Note: This workshop is for users of Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5.
We’ve teamed up with Tristan Jud from RAW to bring you a Lightroom fundamentals workshop like no other. “Shoot to Post – The Ultimate Lightroom Digital Darkroom Workshop” takes you on a very hands-on journey from shooting to managing your files and workflow to editing and Raw post-production in Lightroom.
Learn to use Lightroom to manage your images and improve your digital workflow; master Lightroom’s powerful Raw post-production tools to bring your vision to fruition.
We believe that you learn best by doing, so we’ll shoot images in the morning and then work on these images during the day.
What you’ll learn:
- Shooting for Raw processing – dealing with issues of dynamic range and making sure you’re capturing all the detail you need for Lightroom post-production.
- Importing your images into Lightroom – backing up, creating catalogues, keywording, meta tagging, applying presets.
- Organising and rating your images in the Library Module – how to easily and quickly select your “keepers” from the images you have shot. Rate your images and create Collections in Lightroom.
- Searching for images by Text, Attributes or Lens Data.
- Developing your Raw image in Lightroom – learn to use the powerful image processing tools in the Develop Module to get that professional look. You’ll also learn how to create your own presets to assist in future image processing.
- Correcting for lens distortion and chromatic aberration in Lightroom.
- Using the power of Sync – discover how to make global enhancements to your Raw images by using Lightroom’s Sync function.
- Creating Virtual Copies for a range of different processing outcomes from the one Raw image file.
- Maximising the use of the Crop, Spot Removal, Red Eye, Graduated Filter and Adjustment Brush tool for targeted adjustment within your Raw image.
- Creating powerful black and white images in Lightroom.
- Using Noise Reduction and Sharpening in Lightroom effectively.
- Split toning your images for creative effects.
- Exporting your images from Lightroom for digital display or printing.
What you will need
- DSLR or similar high-end compact with manual controls (P,A,S and M modes) with the ability to shoot in RAW format.
- SD / CF Card Reader or your camera’s USB cable.
- A laptop with Lightroom installed. (You can get a free 30 day trial from the Adobe website).
- Laptop charger
This workshop is available for online booking on the RAW website. Click here to book.