"A great place to start for absolute beginners!"
Date: Saturday 3 October 2020
Duration: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Instructor: Seng Mah
Location: Paper Bird, 42 Henry Street, Fremantle
Maximum participants: 8
Have you recently purchased a digital camera with a lot of great controls, or have had one for some time, but never found the courage to take it off "Auto" mode because you're not sure how to properly use your camera?
"Beginners Digital Photography" is a great mini-workshop that will show you how to get off that "Auto" mode and start using your camera to get the shots you want. It's the perfect starting point if you are brand new to digital photography!
What you will learn:
- Great tips for camera operation.
- White balance: How to get the colours right in your photos.
- ISO: Configuring your camera to shoot in different lighting conditions.
- Depth of field: Shooting for soft vs sharp backgrounds.
- Focus control: How to nail your focus each and every shot.
- Compositions that work.
- Getting sharp images in low light.
- The best lenses for different styles of photography.
- Shooting movement: How to get sharp images of moving subjects.
- Why image stabilisation is important and how to use it.
- Exposure control: How to get brighter or darker images when you shoot.
It's a jam-packed with fun and learning, filled with activities and exercises to help you gain confidence in using your camera!
What you'll need:
- Your camera
- Your lens/es
- The manual for your camera
- Notebook and a pen
You don't need to bring a tripod to this workshop.
This workshop is suitable for digital cameras with manual controls (P, A/Av, S/Tv and M modes) including DSLRs, Micro Four Third cameras, mirrorless cameras and advanced compact cameras. Workshop notes are provided.
WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK
Here are some of what our customers have to say about our beginner's workshop:
"Thank you for today’s workshop. It’s exactly what I’d hoped for and it has filled in ALL the gaps for me! I’ve attended quite a few photographic workshops this year around Perth and you’re by far the best. You make it so clear and easy to understand." (Nancye Miles-Tweedie)
"I just wanted to take a few minutes to write back and say thank you for the course on Saturday, I really enjoyed it and felt I learnt a lot during the course, it really opened my eyes as to just how deep you can delve into the photography and how much I have to learn, it really was a fantastic introduction and has given me more confidence in what I am doing with my camera." (Grant Mead)
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.