"A great place to start for absolute beginners!"
Date: Saturday 27 October 2018
Duration: 10.00am - 12.30pm
Instructors: Erica Serena and Seng Mah
Location: Venture Studio @ Suite 5, 133 High Street, Fremantle, Western Australia
Maximum participants: 6
Have you recently purchased a digital camera with a lot of great manual controls, or have had one for some time, but never found the courage to take it off "Auto" mode because you're not sure how to properly use your camera?
"Beginners Digital Photography" is a great mini-workshop that will show you how to get off that "Auto" mode and start using your camera to get the shots you want. It's the perfect starting point if you are brand new to digital photography!
What you will learn:
- Great tips for camera operation.
- Choosing the best Picture Quality for your shooting needs.
- White balance: How to get the colours right in your photos.
- ISO: Configuring your camera to shoot in different lighting conditions.
- Depth of field: Shooting for soft vs sharp backgrounds.
- Focus control: How to nail your focus each and every shot.
- Compositions that work.
- Shooting movement: How to get sharp images of moving subjects.
- Exposure control: How to get brighter or darker images when you shoot.
It's a jam-packed two-and-a-half hours of fun and learning, filled with activities and exercises to help you gain confidence in using your camera!
What you'll need:
- Your camera
- Your lens/es
- The manual for your camera
- Notebook and a pen
You don't need to bring a tripod to this workshop.
This workshop is suitable for digital cameras with manual controls (P, A/Av, S/Tv and M modes) including DSLRs, Micro Four Third cameras, mirrorless cameras and advanced compact cameras. Workshop notes are provided.
ABOUT ERICA SERENA
Erica Serena is a professional wedding photographer, based in Perth. She fell in love with photography when a photography class was offered at her school. She aced all the lessons and, when she was 20, started her wedding photography business, which she has been running for sixteen years now.
Erica is an award-winning photographer and an accredited member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography, and loves sharing her enthusiasm and knowledge with beginners who are just making their first steps into digital photography.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Booking for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.