"Learn the skills and techniques used by pros!"
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Date: Saturday 2 February 2019
Duration: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Instructors: Seng Mah
Location: The Paper Bird, 42 Henry Street, Fremantle, Western Australia
Maximum participants: 10
Get a better, deeper understanding of your camera at this workshop, which is dedicated to extending your photographic knowledge base and giving you more confidence in taking professional quality images. Whether you enjoy portraits, landscapes or just photographing for the joy of it, "Intermediate Digital Photography" will show you the techniques used for a range of photographic situations.
This workshop is perfect for people who have completed our "Beginner's Digital Photography" workshop or a similar entry-level photography course. You'll build on what you have already learned and will focus on mastering the use of Manual Exposure on your camera, along with a host of other skills, including using different exposure modes, shooting action or moving subjects, landscape photography settings, using filters and more!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Setting your aperture, shutter speed and ISO manually in Manual Exposure Mode.
- Adjusting for exposure compensation manually.
- The different types and uses of exposure metering modes.
- Exposing for light in portraits using the spot meter.
- Shooting action/moving subjects by using continuous focus modes.
- Techniques for attaining a deep depth of field in landscape photography.
- Using filters - Circular Polarisers and Neutral Density filters.
- How to best use a tripod.
- Shooting light trails in the dark.
It's three hours of learning, practising and shooting, so that you reinforce and consolidate your new skills and understanding.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.
- Your lens/es, from wide angle to telephoto.
- The manual for your camera.
- Notebook and a pen.
- A tripod.
This workshop is suitable for digital cameras with manual controls (P, A/Av, S/Tv and M modes) including DSLRs and interchangeable lens mirrorless cameras.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.