PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY DIGIDIRECT CANNINGTON
Level: Beginners - Intermediate
Date: Wednesday 4 September 2019
Duration: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Instructor: Seng Mah
Location: Digidirect Cannington (12 Cecil Avenue, Cannington)
Maximum participants: 10
Do you want to get better at creative lighting in portraiture? Would you like to understand the different portrait lighting techniques and how they can create emotion and mood in your portraits? Then come and join us for an evening that's all about the absolute pleasure of portrait lighting. Whether you're a beginner or a more experienced photographer, you'll pick up great tips and techniques about portrait lighting.
Best of all, this is a hands-on event, so bring your camera and lenses and capture some great portraits as well! Digidirect will have a range of lenses available for you to try.
What's in this for you?
- Learn about lighting types: hard lighting, soft lighting, feathered lighting, wraparound lighting.
- Find out about lighting patterns for beautiful and dramatic portraits: broad lighting, short lighting, loop lighting, Rembrandt lighting, beauty lighting and rim lighting.
- Work with model, and add great portraits into your portfolio.
- Find out how to pose your portrait models for the light.
- Pick up great lighting and photography tips!
You'll be led by professional photographer and portrait lighting teacher, Seng Mah, through the evening and come away with great captures! It's going to be an evening that's full of fun and, if you're not a portrait photographer yet, it'll make you fall in love with portraiture!
Don't miss out as this event is limited to 10 participants (so that everyone can have hand-on time shooting with our models)!
WHAT TO BRING
- Your with memory card/s and batteries (always bring a fully charged spare).
- Lenses with focal lengths in the 50 to 200mm rang eg. 24-70mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 24-105mm; prime lenses in the 50mm, 85mm, 90mm and 100mm are also suitable. Lenses with wide apertures (f/2.8, f/1.8) will be advantageous.
- Some props if you'd like our models to pose with your prop ideas. Suggestions include: flowers, hats, caps, scarves, books. picture frames and masks.
Note: This workshop is suitable for interchangeable lens cameras, including DSLRs and mirrorless cameras.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.