Adobe Lightroom 5 gets a boost!
We use Adobe Lightroom for our RAW processing and workflow management, so we’re pretty stoked to hear that Adobe has just released the upgrade to Lightroom 5.2, which packs a few new features.
Lightroom 5 is already a feature-rich upgrade from Lightroom 4, introducing Smart Previews, Spot Healing Brushes, Radial Filters and more. This upgrade to 5.2 brings in new improvements and tools:
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction, to help reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts.
- The Spot Healing tool has been upgraded with the following new features:
- New Feather control.
- Auto find source now has been improved for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage.
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle.
- Improved Auto Exposure to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- An update to Smart Preview now allows previews to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Further refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush.
In addition, the 5.2 upgrade updates Lightroom for use with recent camera releases, including the Canon 70D, the OM-D EM1, Fuji XA-1, Fuji XM-1 and the Sony NEX-5T.
For the complete lowdown on this upgrade, make sure you check out the Adobe Journal.
And if you’re new to Lightroom and want to learn more about using this powerful software for post-production and workflow management, get in touch with us and ask about our Lightroom training.