Duration: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Date: 29 March 2018 (Thursday)
Instructor: Seng Mah
Venue: Venture Studio @ Suite 5, 133 High Street Mall, Fremantle, Western Australia
Maximum participants: 10
Step back in time to discover the glitz and glamour of film noir Hollywood style black and white portraiture! Join Seng Mah on a memorable evening of photography, where you’ll learn about using light to shape and to create mood and feeling in portrait photography.
Fall in love with high contrast black and white photography, while you create portraits that hearken back to the an era known for its beautiful, glamorous actresses!
This event is limited only to 10 participants. You’ll need a DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses. We’ll be using the fantastic Edgelight LED lights to create vintage Hollywood lighting, so fast portrait length lenses are recommended.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The power of Spot Metering for this style of portrait photography.
- How to create dramatic black and white images in-camera.
- Lighting for glamour and lighting for mood.
- Composing for this style of portrait photography.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A camera that allows you to shoot in full manual exposure (eg. a DSLR, micro four-thirds camera, mirrorless camera).
- Zoom lenses in the 35mm – 200mm range, with wide apertures (f2.8 – f4). Prime lenses in the 50mm – 135mm range, with wide apertures (f1.8 – f2.8)
You don’t need to bring a flash or tripod.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.