"A beginner's workshop specially for Canon shooters!"
Date: Saturday 9 March 2019
Duration: 10.00am - 1.30pm
Instructors: Julie Butler and Seng Mah
Location: Paper Bird Gallery, 42 Henry St, Fremantle.
Maximum participants: 8
Do you own a Canon DSLR and love taking photos, but are struggling to understand how to use it beyond just the simple Auto "point and click" mode? Then let us show you how to gain greater understanding and control of your Canon camera!
"Getting Started with your Canon DSLR" is designed for the person who is an absolute beginner to digital photography and who would like to know more about how to best use their camera, so that they can take better photographs of family, kids, friends, pets, sports and other life events. Being able to photograph and record the people and moments in your life is very important and this beginner's workshop will take you on your first steps into photography!
This workshop is all about giving you greater confidence in using your Canon camera! The material we cover is specific to your Canon DSLR, so you'll learn by actually using your camera!
We start with the basics -- by getting you to become familiar and comfortable with your Canon DSLR, and then we take you through the key camera controls that will let you get more creative in your photography.
You will gradually get off the "Auto Mode" and start exploring some of the functions of your camera that let you control how your photographs appear. It's the best and most fun three hours you'll spend where you learn by shooting and exploring what your camera can do! And to top it off, we will show you how to shoot in full Manual Exposure with your Canon! How can you beat that?
What you will learn:
- Great tips for camera operation.
- White balance: How to get the colours right in your photos.
- ISO: Configuring your camera to shoot in different lighting conditions.
- Depth of field: Shooting for soft vs sharp backgrounds.
- Focus control: How to nail your focus each and every shot.
- Compositions that work.
- Shooting movement: How to get sharp images of moving subjects.
- Exposure control: How to get brighter or darker images when you shoot.
It's a jam-packed with fun and learning, filled with activities and exercises to help you gain confidence in using your camera!
What you'll need:
- Your Canon DSLR (Canon EOS M models are also suitable; Canon compact cameras eg. Powershot G-series model cameras are also suitable but do not have the range of features we cover in this workshop).
- Your lens/es
- The manual for your camera
- Notebook and a pen
You don't need to bring a tripod to this workshop.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.