Date: Sunday 13 September 2020
Duration: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Location: Various locations in the Swan Valley
Maximum participants: 20
SUPPORTED BY SIGMA AND CR KENNEDY
It’s Spring in the Swan Valley, and we’d love for you to join us for a fantastic day out that’s all about photography, photo shoots, soaking in the sights, savouring scrumptious food and tasting delicious wines at the valley’s cellar doors!
Add a photo rally, model shoots and a bevy of lenses and other photographic equipment for you to try, courtesy of Sigma and CR Kennedy, and you have all the ingredients for a fantastic photographic day out in Spring!
Shoot, Sip and Savour kicks off at Bells Rapids Park with a landscape and portrait shoot. You’ll have the morning to photograph the cascades and rapids, as well as our models who will be in costume (what costume? A surprise!) in amongst the lush trees and forest paths.
We then continue with the day’s itinerary (provided), which includes a delicious shared lunch at a local brewery, and visits to historic sites (where our models will be available for a vintage styled portrait shoot), vineyards (for wine tasting) and more! (Hint: Chocolate Factory!).
This day out is suitable for photographers of all levels. Photography support is available on the day, with tips and guidance available from Seng and the Venture crew.
Your ticket to this spectacular day out includes photographic tuition on location, shared lunch and shooting with our models! It’s an event not to be missed!
Embrace the excitement of spring, have your camera handy and join in a day in the Valley to remember!
What you’ll need to bring:
- Your camera, spare memory card/s, spare battery/ies.
- Tripod and filters (we recommend at least an ND64 and a circular polarising filter for long exposures at Bells Rapids).
- Wide angle to telephoto lenses (for both landscapes and portraits). We recommend somewhere around the 24-105mm range for landscapes, and 70-200mm range for portraits (assuming full frame 35mm sensors; crop sensor camera equivalents will be 16-80mm and 50-150mm for 1.5x crop, or 12-30mm and 35-100mm for 2x Micro fourthird crop).
- Good walking shoes/hiking boots, hat, sunscreen, insect repellant as required.
- A sense of humour and adventure!
As this is a rally-style event, you will be driving yourself to the various locations on the day’s itinerary. If you are booking in with friends, then we suggest car pooling.
This event is limited to only 20 participating photographers! Reserve your spot early to avoid missing out!
Note: In the event of inclement weather on the date/time of the workshop, this event will be re-scheduled to Saturday 10 October, with the same running time. When booking, please make sure you are available on both date.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.