Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Date: 20 July 2019. Back up date in the event of inclement weather is 27 July 2019.
Time: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
Instructors: Seng Mah
Location: Fremantle (Meet at the J-Shed, Fremantle)
Maximum participants: 12
Chase the light in the streets of Freo as we capture great portraits in natural light!
Come and join Seng and two of Venture's upcoming models on a natural light portraiture mini-workshop in the streets of Fremantle. We'll be shooting winter fashion and making use of Freo's classical and historical streetscapes as the backdrop for our fabulous photo shoots!
Learn how easy it is to shoot in natural light -- the trick is in recognising and working with the light that's available. You'll be privy to some of Seng's favourite portrait photography locations in Fremantle, and disover how to make use of light, whether you're shooting in the open or in shade.
We will have two models to work with, so there will be plenty of opportunity to shoot. And if you need a question or two about your camera settings answered, Seng and his teaching team will be at hand to help.
This event is limited to only 12 photographers, so don't miss out!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Your interchangeable lens camera (DSLR or mirrorless).
- A telephoto zoom lens that can cover a range from 55 - 200mm. We recommend lenses with wide apertures if you're chasing the creamy bokeh background.
- Basic knowledge in shooting in Aperture Priority on your camera.*
- Basic knowledge in using Exposure Compensation on your camera.*
- Warm clothing and closed shoes.
* If you're an absolute beginner but would like to attend this workshop, we recommend that you complete our 3-hour Beginner's Digital Photography workshop beforehand, so that you'll gain an understanding on using Aperture Priority and Exposure Compensation. We're actually running one on the same day, from 10am - 1pm! Check it out here.
NOTE: In the event of inclement weather on the date of the workshop, this workshop will be rescheduled to Sunday 27 July, 3pm - 5pm. If you book in for this workshop, please make sure you are also available on the 27th July in case of bad weather on the 20th July.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Bookings for this mini-workshop are managed through Eventbrite. To book your place in this workshop, click the button below.